Friday, January 2, 2009

Kittensoft Presents: Mini Reviews, volume 1


I've been taking it a bit easy over the last couple weeks, so I'd like to present my readers with a couple reviews of things I've been watching and reading over the last while. Please note: I'd rather not write detailed descriptions/summaries of everything here, so I'll just present you with some Handy Links with more info :)

I would like to start this entry with....

House Link

2 eps watched so far. I don't normally watch medical shows, though I found House to be surprisingly enjoyable. Each of the eps I watched were done kind of like mystery/crime stories (not sure if this applies to the whole series) and I definitely found them intriguing. It also helps that the main character's an ass, and quite entertaining to watch. I'd recommend anyone give this series a try (unless you're completely turned off /scared by medical procedures and the like) :)


L/R Link

9 out of 13 eps watched. A fun little secret agent series...I haven't found it particularly gripping yet though it's definitely entertaining for a snowy afternoon. One thing I found to be surpringly well done is the English dub (I normally can't stand dubs). Most of the voices have British or other accents, though it matches well with the setting. Another thing I should note is that this series has fantastic music. If anyone here enjoyed the soundtrack to Cowboy Bebop, L/R has much of a similar style...the opening theme (done by Billy Preston) is very catchy :)


Washington & Caesar (written by Christian Cameron) Link

So far about 60 pages through. An enjoyable though often challenging book....I'm having a bit of trouble understanding some of the topics brought up during many of Washington's scenes, though it's interesting reading about his interactions with Caesar. Caesar's story and characterization are, so far, my favorite part of the book. Definitely an informative read too, for anyone who has interest in the topics of slavery or the 18th century.


I shall leave my reviews at that for now, though I'm sure I'll write a few more in a couple months (possibly updating my opinions on the above in a later entry) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment